Site Rules, Policies Etc
By registering and using this site you have agreed to the
1. General Site Rules
2. Forum Rules
- Your use of this site is at the sole discretion
of the site Administrator.
- This website including all that is
contained within it is privately owned and managed and it
has no formal or implied connection to any organisation or body and just
because it is on the internet does not give you or anyone the automatic
right to use it. However, the site was created specifically to provide
interactive support and help and a common meeting place for
all pilots whilst
strongly promoting the joys of flying aircraft.
- If you have been banned from the site or notified that
you are not allowed to enter or use the site then you can
not access the site in any manner possible. Doing so is an
infringement by law.
- A person or entity can only have one single registration
with one single login to use the site. Multiple
registrations or logins are not allowed.
- Registering under a false name or using another person's
identity or login details is not allowed.
- The site Administrator or one of the Moderators have the
right to ascertain the true identity of a registered member
at any time.
- By registering to use this site you agree to abide by
all of the site rules, policies and objectives and any other
that may be posted within the "Announcements" Forum of this
site by the site Administrator from time time.
- Commercial posts can not be made without first obtaining
approval from the site administrator. A commercial post is
deemed to be one where a financial gain can be obtained
directly or indirectly by a person or any other entity
conducting a business other then a private person. If in
doubt please consult the site administrator.
- The information provided on Aircraft Pilots
is presented as and is intended for educational purposes and
general knowledge for all pilots.
- The information provided on Aircraft Pilots
is collected from visitors who may or may not have a bias
unrelated to the Owner of this site. It can also be false,
inaccurate, wrong or doubtful. It reflects the author of it
and it may not necessarily be true.
3. Accidents and Incidents
- All posts made in the forums are to be in compliance
with our site agreement, site principals and forum etiquette
- A forum post can be made to one forum area only. If a
thread is related to more than one forum, it is still to be
posted to a single forum in which it fits better. Multiple
posting of the same or very similar post is not allowed.
- Every forum thread should be created in the relevant
forum and every post should be posted in the relevant
thread. Irrelevant, off-topic posts and threads should not
- Members should not post messages which can provoke,
harass, disturb, agitate other members whatsoever.
- Posts which can be considered rude, unfriendly, angered,
ill-mannered, inappropriate, uncalled-for, gratuitous,
disturbing, un-respectful, unjust by other site members or
site administration are not to be posted.
- Replies and Questioning to warnings, notices and
reminders of site administration and moderators, criticism,
complaints, discussions of site administration, site rules
or the site itself, are to be sent via the private message
system or email system to site administration. Such
discussions can not be pursued inside the public forums or
- Posts in the forums are expected to be written in
English as it is the default language of our community.
Posts should be clear, understandable, correct in grammar
where possible and should avoid using too many abbreviations
and chat language slang.
- Any use of obscene language other the the usual
Australian colloquialisms or disguised with other characters
is not allowed.
4. General Forum Etiquette
- Accidents and Incidents posts are to be made with
consideration to them being a learning tool for the
betterment of all forum members
- No conclusions shall be made on the cause of any
- No allocation of personal blame shall be made directly
or indirectly at any person.
- Possible causes, or contributory factors, of an accident
may be explored and opinion given based on the poster’s
demonstrated reasons for giving such opinion.
- All posts shall be sensible of the feelings of family
and friends and expressed accordingly.
- Strict moderation will be applied to all posts to ensure
these rules are adhered to.
- You should not TYPE YOUR MESSAGES IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
LIKE THIS. This means shouting on the internet and
- When you are creating a new thread, you should provide a
subject which clearly indicates what the thread is about.
You should avoid using short, irrelevant or unclear subjects
like "Help me!", "Read this", "Anyone?", "What do you
- Reminders or warnings of forum moderators should be
discussed with that moderator in private, not in public or
inside forum posts.
- If a forum thread is closed, a similar thread is not to
be opened. Likewise one is not allowed to post or create a
thread to query why it is closed, this should be asked to
forum moderators with a private message.
- Formatting of messages with
colouring, making it underline, bold or
italic, centering the text, indenting, using a
different font size should be used to
emphasise a small section of the post and not be applied to
the entire post.
- If a post is quoted in your reply, you should only quote
a small relevant section of it, not the entire post.
- Before opening a new forum thread, you should search the
site and make sure that the subject has not been discussed
before. If it has, you should add your post inside the
existing thread and not create a new thread.
- If a forum post is against rules, you should not reply,
quote it or discuss it inside the forum. Instead you should
click "report this post" link and notify the forum
moderators to take over. If a post is reported it will be hidden until
discussed by the moderators.
- If any word in your post is replaced by *** this means
it is in our filter list and you should not use that word in
the forum again and never attempt to bypass the filter list
to write the word in a different syntax.
- If you receive a private message or email from another
user, you should not post it publicly without prior consent
of the sender.
- If you don't like a member in the forum, do
not flame the forums for such users or reply to their posts.
- Change of usernames is accepted by contacting the
Administrator but should not be done frequently and should
only be requested if necessary.
6. Terms of Service
- Aircraft Pilots does not sell, rent, loan or
trade any personal information collected at this site. This
policy includes email addresses of the members.
- In accessing this site and the Internet generally, you
assume all responsibility and risk for its use. Users are
responsible for implementing sufficient procedures to
protect themselves and their own computer systems.
- This website sends harmless internet cookies to your
computer to keep track of your visits, collects site
statistics and remember your member information to save you
from having to re-log in each time you visit.
- Some of the site content (including some posts in the
forums etc.) is open to public viewing including search
engines. Members shouldn't share personal information in
their posts which they don't want to publish in the
internet. We have no control over search engine results when
such information is submitted to the site by our members.
- The Aircraft Pilots server may collect and
log IP addresses, browser information, cookie information,
user actions performed in our website and other to provide a better
service and improve the value of the materials available on
the site. These web logs are not sold or shared with third
- Yet we share aggregate demographic information with our
business partners, including advertisers. This data is not
linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Aircraft Pilots may share any information it
has if an authority (police force, Court etc.) requests it.
Our site also reserves right to share such information to a
complainer if any of our site visitors or members stalks or
disturbs this user in an unacceptable manner and we confirm
this with our records.
- Aircraft Pilots contains links to, and
graphics from, third-party websites and/or content
providers. This Policy does not extend to those parties, nor
is Aircraft Pilots responsible for the content
linked to or provided.
- Most of the information in this website is kept in a
database which contains posts, registration info,
survey/poll results, private messages, logged IPs etc. All
this information contained within the database belongs to
the administrator of Aircraft Pilots and it can be
accessible by site administration whenever it is required.
- This site keeps the email address of its members hidden,
unless member reveals it himself with opt-in selections.
Member email addresses can be accessible to third parties if
member posts it inside a forum post or emails another
- Aircraft Pilots reserves its right to change
reflected to this page and in the "Announcements" Forum of
this site by the site Administrator.
- This web site is provided without warranties of any
kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to,
those of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose or non-infringement or any warranty arising from a
course of dealing, usage, or trade practice.
- Aircraft Pilots will not be liable to you or
anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or
anyone else in reliance upon the information provided.
7. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
- Aircraft Pilots is a private web site and
visiting this website or being a member is a privilege, NOT
- Aircraft Pilots has full liberty to choose
its members. We reserve our rights to accept or reject any
member signups, remove or banish any member from the site,
grant and revoke any privileges to members within the site
without warning, prior notice or giving any reason and in
anytime we find appropriate.
- Aircraft Pilots can anytime stop or suspend
its services without prior notice.
- The information published in this website may be
outdated or wrong in one way or another, so no information
should be used without consulting it with a professional.
- All content added to this site by its members and
visitors can be rejected, deleted, modified, edited by site
administration and/or its moderators.
- By submitting content to this site in any form or by any manner, you grant Aircraft Pilots, its owners and servants a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt and publicly display that content through the site and services including its use in any form of marketing that the site may undertake from time to time.
8. Indemnity and Legal exemption
- Site visitor agrees that the use of Aircraft
Pilots services is entirely at visitor's own risk.
- Aircraft Pilots services are provided on an
"as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either
expressed or implied, constructive or statutory, including,
without limitation, any implied warranties of
merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a
- Aircraft Pilots makes no guarantee of
availability, continuity or quality of its service and
reserves the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or
discontinue any functionality or feature of Aircraft
- In no event will Aircraft Pilots be liable
for any damages, including, without limitation, direct,
indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive
damages arising out of the use of or inability to use
Aircraft Pilots services or any content thereon.
- This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any
damages or injury, whether for breach of contract, tort, or
otherwise, caused by any failure of performance; error;
omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation
or transmission; computer virus; file corruption;
communication-line failure; network or system outage; or
theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of,
or use of any record.
User agrees to indemnify and hold Aircraft Pilots
its servants harmless from any loss, liability, claims, damages
and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising from or related
to the content, use, or deletion of User's Files, messages or
use of any other feature or service in this site. This expressly
9. Legal Policy and Notice
- User's responsibility for any and all liability arising
from the violation or infringement of proprietary rights or
- Any defamatory or unlawful material contained within
User's messages, private messages, emails, attachments,
images and files.
- Content submitted to the site by the user
- Other content in the site
- Communication with site administration
Terms of Service, site agreement,
disclaimer, forum rules, site rules, indemnity clause, copyright
Such changes will be posted in the Announcements forum of this
site and due when they are published in this manner.
10. Copyright Notice
All rights of this website is reserved. This includes the rights to its name,
domain name, trademark, concept, format, content, style, skin, code, database
and every other element in this website. No part of this website, its content,
name, applications, documents, programs, texts, design elements, images, posts,
look, feel, atmosphere or format can be copied, shared, moved, published or used
without prior and explicit consent of the site Administrator/Owner.
Except where diligently implied, absolutely NO part of
may be reproduced or recreated without
explicit written permission by the site owner of Aircraft
and certified with written verification.